Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Decorating v plumbing
- What Is the Internet’s Best Ratings System?
- Which Tech CEO Would Make the Best Supervillain?
- Why The Whole Planet Is Obsessed With This Norwegian Teen Drama
- What Would Jesus Disrupt?
- How intelligent machines can teach us the necessary skill of losing
- The smartphone is eventually going to die, and then things are going to get really crazy
- The r place atlas When Pixels Collide, Did Reddit’s April Fool’s gag solve the issue of online hate speech?
- We grew monthly Facebook video views 500% to 100M in six months. Here’s what we learned.
- Firing on All Cylinders: The 2017 Big Data Landscape
- Gen Z: A Look Inside Its Mobile-First Mindset
- How to Make the Most of Your Workday
- Algorithm-Driven Design
- How To Talk Comedy Writer – Updated
- Invisible Manipulators of Your Mind
- The Platform Press: How Silicon Valley reengineered journalism
- How Uber Uses Psychological Tricks to Push Its Drivers’ Buttons
- Reversing the Lies of the Sharing Economy
- Fuck You And Die: An Oral History of Something Awful
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Second Oldest Trick in Sleight of Hand
- Daughter rides our cat in VR
- Colour night vision
- How to ollie with Tony Hawk
- Rayna meets a “robot”
- Best of Sean Greene’s Hill Bombs
Things to look at/read:
- The Hippies Have Won
- A square meal: how restaurants are courting the Instagram crowd
- Shohei Ohtani—Japan’s Babe Ruth—is about to change the face of baseball
- The New Man of 4chan
- Japan is home to the weirdest stock photos in the world
- I watched Alex Jones give his viewers health advice. Here’s what I learned.
- 19 Times The English Language Was A Total Mindfuck
- Terrible real estate agent photos
- Mail Carrier vs. Attack Cat
- This Little Cow Is Super Great Friends With All Of These Dogs And It’s So Incredibly Cute
Tweets of the week:
- Great run from the overhead camera who narrowly fails to make a connection. Still goalless, Jeff.
- pamela anderson in BARB WIRE (1996) was so ahead of all of us
- Is this not just one man.
- fuck him up Ted
- Bad timing on your app update, @united!
- i could watch this on loop for eons
- This used to be a nice area, before they let the trumpets in.
- “Bro, how metal is your metal section?” “Dude, it’s”
Part 3: For the weekend
- Will London fall?
- Margaret Atwood, the prophet of dystopia
- The Definitive ‘Fast & Furious’ Movie Rankings
- Making America Swole again
- The ungrateful refugee: ‘We have no debt to repay’
- How Richard Simmons Got Trapped In His Own Mythology
- Cooking lessons
- This is how the next world war starts