Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- The rise of the useless class
- Reddit is Being Manipulated By Big Financial Services Companies
- Facebook on course to be the WeChat of the West, says Gartner
- These Are the 50 Most Promising Startups You’ve Never Heard Of
- What Real-Life Lesbians Want to See from the Lesbians On TV
- The most Googled products in every country in one crazy map
- The Invisible Force That Warps What You Read in the News
- How technology gets us hooked
- Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- Why facts don’t change our mind
- Inside Facebook’s AI Machine
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- A Hidden Hellscape
- Vietnamese tactical team show clever way to enter a building
- The Hummer H2 Is the Most Embarrassing Vehicle You Can Drive
Things to look at/read:
- What happens when you sneeze next to a prairie dog
- Stan The Bulldog And Romeo The Iguana Are The Best Friends The World Needs
- A Bird Impaling Its Victims Is So Metal I Can’t Even Stand It
- A Couple Got Upstaged At Their Own Damn Wedding And Became An Instant Meme
Tweets of the week:
- Jeff goldblum follows two ppl on instagram, one is his wife and the other is a dog that lives in Italy
- Did anyone else see Theresa May eating a fish during PMQs earlier?
- Who did this?
- I ORDERED A PIZZA WITH PINEAPPLE AND
- Huge if true.
- A 70-year old man who watches 6 hours of TV a day, plays lots of golf, and always seems to be in Florida is a retiree, not a President.
Part 3: For the weekend
- How the World’s Heaviest Man Lost It All
- Creative until you die
- Jordan Peele Scares America
- Can I forgive the man who raped me?
- In conversation: David Letterman
- The provocateur behind Beyonce, Rihanna and Issa Rae