Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- The Data That Turned the World Upside Down
- Inside Instagram’s reinvention
- Fake news is about to get even scarier than you ever dreamed
- Tales from the frontline of viral technology
- The Next Disney Will Come from China and Its Name Is Tencent
- What’s up with Firefox, the browser that time forgot?
- The past 10 presidencies, explained by the TV shows that defined them
- 7 takeaways from Davos 2017
- 10 x Future of Storytelling
- 41 key moments in the history of online journalism
- The Gatekeepers of TV Comedy
- Journalism That Stands Apart
- The $99 Billion Idea: How Uber and Airbnb Won
- How I Got My Attention Back
- Digital in 2017 Global Overview
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- It’s less scarier than it look
- This video game has a strange glitch
- Lego Treadmill Challenge
- Super Polite Kid Asks His Dad For Permission To Curse Out His Brother
- Ball boy makes 3 half-court shots in a row
Things to look at/read:
- The drunktionary
- How Kellyanne Conway became the greatest spin doctor in modern American history
- 23 Times The Universe Was Too Beautiful For It All To Be A Coincidence
- How Beyoncé invented mediocrity
- Michele Kirsch: My life as a cleaner in London
- Is that moustache really necessary?
- Puppy Talks to His Toy
- This Baby Hippo Born 6 Weeks Early Is Working As Hard As She Can To Stand Up
- Jim and Jimbo in the snow
Tweets of the week:
- Every bit of this story is absolutely joyous.
- check out this retro twitter app
- The Swedish deputy PM with a little dig at Donald as she passes a new climate law
- Nobody’s fooling me… this is just the same bloke in disguise, right?
- Sad that there are more black people in Beyoncé right now, than in Trumps entire cabinet team.
- Never seen anyone experience as many emotions within a minute as #WinonaRyder did during @DavidKHarbour’s #SAGAwards speech
- Stearman and Weimann scoring for Wolves, whose names sound like a Geordie lady begging her husband not to leave.
Part 3: For the weekend
- How Taylor Swift Played The Victim For A Decade And Made Her Entire Career
- Why Hollywood as we know it is already over
- Doomsday prep for the super rich
- The Hollywood List Everyone Wants to Be On