Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- The great unbundling
- Medium, and The Reason You Can’t Stand the News Anymore.
- How Reality TV Builds Narrative Is Crucial to Understanding Trump
- ‘The Young Pope’ Is Almost Weirder Than ‘Young Pope’ Internet
- In Apple-Spotify World, SoundCloud Can’t Find Room
- How Video Games Satisfy Basic Human Needs
- Edinburgh Does… Taskmaster
- What Advertisers Really Need to Know About Cross-Platform TV Measurement
- How To Use Facebook And Fake News To Get People To Murder Each Other
- How statistics lost their power – and why we should fear what comes next
- Living in Andy Cohen’s America
- A chat with Brian Chesky
- Peter Thiel, Trump’s Tech Pal, Explains Himself
- The Inside Story of BitTorrent’s Bizarre Collapse
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Yeah boi
- How the inventor of Mario designs a game
- Toy story Easter eggs
- Everyone Is Watching This Video Of A Road Being Paved Because It Is Perfect
- 5 Best End Credits of All Time
Things to look at/read:
- 6 Things Juggalo Culture Teaches Us About Trump
- The story of the wildest party in White House history
- To trolls, with love
- If economists want to be trusted again, they should learn to tell jokes
- Trumpism and the Davos Man
- I wore men’s clothes for a month – and it changed my life
- How some cool silent film effects were done
- 27 Tumblr Posts That Will Make You Laugh, I Promise
Tweets of the week:
- When your pissed up mate’s trying to shout to you through the kebab shop window that he wants extra hot sauce.
- “Can you explain elite failure to stop the collapse of Western Civilization in 20 words or less?”
- Starbucks is hiring squid popes.
- sorry, fb is still the best website
- How poetry is it?
- Gary Barlow’s cover version of Stan is going to bang so hard
- Life Accordion To Trump
- what if gyles brandreth is actually just a man holding a gyles brandreth mask in front of his face
Part 3: For the weekend
- Cocaine, tug boats and tip offs: the inside story of the largest drug bust in UK history
- Who killed the great British curry house?
- A brief survey of the great American novel(s)
- The last wingwalker
- Ryan Gosling Is A Star After His Time
- This 3,500-Year-Old Greek Tomb Upended What We Thought We Knew About the Roots of Western Civilization
- She loved him, and he died in the Holocaust. Now her son is bringing his music back to life.