Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- YouTube’s biggest star is a 5 year old that makes millions opening toys
- Hacking the Attention Economy
- Donald Trump’s Twitter Account Is A Security Disaster Waiting To Happen
- How Netflix Is Deepening Our Cultural Echo Chambers
- A New Model for Medium
- Snapchat Plays Hard to Get With Celebrities and Influencers
- Tim Wu: ‘The internet is like the classic story of the party that went sour’
- The inexplicable online absence of Aaliyah’s best music
- Based on a true story?
- Why Concert Tickets Are Way Too Expensive, According To The People Who Really Know
- A Very Producty #CES2017
- Reading — In The ‘Binge-Watch’ Era
- ‘Member? How Toxic Nostalgia Built the Foundation for 2016
- BuzzFeed wins the internet daily. Here’s what its boss thinks is next.
- Finding a voice
- Where Weird Facebook is King: How a College Kid Does Social
- The Four-Letter Code to Selling Just About Anything
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Barenaked Ladies’ One week but all of the instruments are replaced with “Its Been”
- We recut all 10 hours of ‘Westworld’ into a single, chronological timeline
- Sex machine 2017
- Somebody I Used To Know Back In The 80s…
Things to look at/read:
- A selection of the 30 most disappointing under 30
- What Did We Get Stuck In Our Rectums Last Year?
- 25 Words Turning 25 in 2017
- Why Do Canadians Say ‘Eh’?
- The Girl in the Video: “Addicted to Love” (1986), part 1 of 3
- World War Three by mistake
- ‘James Bond of Philanthropy’ Gives Away the Last of His Fortune
- Wikipedia delicately calls these terrible sitcoms “notable”
- People Just Realized What Owls Look Like Without Feathers And OMG
- Kruzah chook video
- Baby elephant receives hydrotherapy for injured foot
Tweets of the week:
- This is the funniest joke I’ve seen in years and nothing will ever top this
- “Hey Donald: Urine my thoughts and ..”
- This guy is already the most Extra person of 2017
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former governor of California, is subtweeting President-elect Donald Trump. Explain that sentence to 1985.
- The Trumpster quote #1
- Come on, Video. You know what to do.
- being violent and drunk in Japan sounds amazing
- Words you can’t say on TV in 2017: • Fuck • Shit • Alexa
Part 3: For the weekend
- The Last Year Of The Rest Of Your Life
- The crimes of Seal team 6
- What Will the UFC Look Like in 2017?
- The Young Trump
- Final Fantasy 7: An oral history
- Inside the million-dollar get-rich doula clique
- Is sugar the world’s most popular drug?