Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Cameras, ecommerce and machine learning
- Hard knocks: Why HBO is having a rough transition from auteur TV to big time streaming
- Media in the Age of Algorithms
- BuzzFeed’s pro tennis investigation displays ethical dilemmas of data journalism
- Digital Redlining After Trump: Real Names + Fake News on Facebook
- Disney Rumored To Buy Netflix; Reed Hastings Might Also Be Disney’s Next CEO
- Britain has passed the ‘most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy’
- The end of What.cd, the internet’s biggest and best music collection
- A Map of Modern Brand Building
- How social and content algorithms work.
- A/B testing at King
- Showcase of the best error pages on the web
- How fake news spreads
- Superagents Patrick Whitesell And Ari Emanuel Are Building The Future Of Hollywood
- The Tao of Boyd: How to Master the OODA Loop
- Our World Is Going Full ‘Black Mirror’
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Is. Everything!!
- Flip Edition
- Baby steals phone and runs away while still recording
- Best Fire Tornado – DIY – no moving parts!
Things to look at/read:
- Rating Exactly How ‘Yer Da’ The First Episode of ‘The Grand Tour’ Is
- 31 reasons why 2016 has been the best year on record
- 10,000 words ranked according to their Trumpiness
- The pop-culture progress myth
- Winter in America
- Death to the chicken finger
- Tim Urban is an Expert on not Being an Expert
- 24 Pictures That Perfectly Sum Up 2016
- Epic battle between dog and crab
- Two moose in Alaska found frozen together, locked in battle to the death
- Who’s Faster? Tucker the Dog or Jeff Brines the Mountain Biker?
- XC runner gets BLASTED by a deer during a race!
Tweets of the week:
- Me: You’re a politician, stop tweeting like this. Inner me: You’re too lit to politic.
- Let Rachel McAdams participate in time travel manipulations, Hollywood!
- I edited Danny Dyer on Who Do You Think You Are? down to 90 seconds of highlights
- Hello id like to order some competition please I don’t have any
- Local College Professor in Altercation with Alt-Right Serviceman
- hello sir i’d like to report a serious felony… yes he made the motion like he threw the ball but it was still in his hand
- ADIDAS: All Day I Dream About Socialism
- CIA: Fidel Castro has survived 638 assassination attempts. What makes you think you can do any better? 2016: I got this
Part 3: For the weekend
- Robert Gagno is a pinball savant, but he wants so much more than just to be the world’s best player
- China’s Great Leap Backward
- How Casinos Enable Gambling Addicts
- Refuge and Fear in Trump’s America
- How Russia Pulled Off the Biggest Election Hack in U.S. History
- Obama reckons with a Trump presidency
- When the Devil enters
- The Men Who Dared To Launch A Late-Night Show In The Middle Of The 2016 Election