Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Who’s Too Young for an App? Musical.ly Tests the Limits
- Secret life of a seven year old Instagram star
- We’ve Reached Peak Curation In Music. Can Collisions Save Us From Ourselves?
- Vanity Killed the Social Media Star
- How Breitbart Conquered the Media
- It does not pay for advertisers to narrow their targets too much
- Silicon Valley’s Quest to Make Periods Cool
- YouTube Is Building Community—And It’s Not Just About Video
- The A to Z Guide to Culture Decks
- Discover how Noirbnb was created.
- Wish you were here — Qantas revamps the Out of Office reply
- How Amazon’s Pricing Algorithm Is Designed To Hurt Consumers
- The Bored Internet User’s Guide
- 28 TV Network Chiefs on Dream Casting, the Reboot Craze and What Happens Under President Trump
- Kevin Hart Emoji App Leaps to No. 1 on Apple App Store Paid Chart
- I Used to Be a Human Being
- Corey Feldman and the battle for the internet’s soul
- The great question of the 21st century: Whose black box do you trust?
- The Eye Knows What People Want to Watch
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Laguna Pool Drop 2
- Kid Obliterating His Rugby Opponents Is An Absolute Monster
- Homer Simpson: An economic analysis
Things to look at/read:
- How to Think Like Shakespeare
- Solving Chicago’s murders could prevent more
- Fear of a College-Educated Barista
- How to Pick the Fastest Line at the Supermarket
- Baby monkey befriends a kitty
- I just died in your arms tonight, Cat.
- 11 Pet Products That Go Too Far
Tweets of the week:
- LOOOOOOOOOOOL these South London Dominos drivers are a mess
- I didn’t know you could get a full page ad on the front of the Evening News these days
- The Dalai Lama, seen here illustrating the basic Buddhist belief that life is suffering, pain, and misery.
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- Milo Yiannopoulos Represents a New Force in Electoral Politics
- Dance Music 101: An Online Reading Course
- The great fall of Chyna
- Dispatches from the rap wars
- Man v rat: could the long war soon be over?
- Patagonia’s philosopher king
- Game On
- Holy Shit, ‘South Park’ Is 20!