Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- How Trolls Are Ruining the Internet
- The unbreakable genius of Mark Zuckerberg
- Where is God on the small screen?
- If a bot hasn’t chatted you up yet, one will soon
- The invisible women of videogames
- Postmates has failed to make Uber-for-anything cheap, and is quietly misleading customers about it
- Access, Accountability Reporting and Silicon Valley
- NPR Website To Get Rid Of Comments
- The stuff we really need is getting more expensive. Other stuff is getting cheaper.
- How an Algorithm Learned to Identify Depressed Individuals by Studying Their Instagram Photos
- Five Years of Tim Cook’s Apple in Charts
- Comparing load times
- Social media use in the UK
- The AI Revolution: Our Immortality or Extinction
- Tim Cook, the interview: Running Apple ‘is sort of a lonely job’
- The yellow king
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- The Fight for Falluja | 360 VR Video
- Hot Wheels Road Trip
- Every Jason Statham Kick. Ever.
- 25 MILLION Orbeez in a pool- Do you sink or float?
Things to look at/read:
- Why am I so fat?
- The sandwich that ate the world
- Every Type Of Female Action Movie Character
- The lure of Japan’s mysterious ruins
- Transfer window: exposing the widely held myths about how clubs sign players
- Timescape: Hall’s Harbour, Nova Scotia
- Look At This Frickin’ Chicken Walking Around With Pants On
- Sir Nils Olav promoted to Brigadier by Norwegian King’s Guard
- Dog Becomes Local Legend For Walking 4 Miles Into Town Every Day Just To Say ‘Sup’ To All His Human Friends
Tweets of the week:
- This picture is in today’s @suttonguardian
- Here it is!! The video of me getting my hair shaved for #StrangerThings. Enjoy!
- IM NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO LAUGH BUT OMG someone take it off
- An artist’s impression of tonight’s inaugural #NightTube service. Seems legit.
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- The Uber Killer: The Real Story of One Night of Terror
- The Death of Flair: As Friday’s Goes Minimalist, What Happens to the Antiques?
- The most exclusive restaurant in America
- The implosion of the daily fantasy industry is a bro-classic tale
- Inside The Race To Become The Chipotle Of Pizza
- Ripped: My Life as a Competitive Bodybuilder
- Walmart’s Out-of-Control Crime Problem Is Driving Police Crazy
- Dee Dee Wanted Her Daughter To Be Sick, Gypsy Wanted Her Mom To Be Murdered