Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- How to predict the future? Look to the past
- Meet Netflix’s “Juicers”: People Who Get Paid to Watch TV
- How Comedy Usurped Drama As the TV Genre of Our Time
- BuzzFeed to Fleet Street – ‘We’re figuring out the future of journalism’
- Whatever happened to MCNs?
- Is Reddit Dead? Welcome to the Propaganda Machine.
- How Mark Zuckerberg led Facebook’s war to crush Google Plus
- Don’t Tell Me What Happens. I’m Recording It.
- Twitter is betting everything on Jack Dorsey. Will it work?
- Agile in the public sector
- Bill Simmons Breaks Free: His “F—ing Shitty” ESPN Exit, Who Courted Him and Details of His HBO Show
- Can Netflix survive in the new world it created?
- Lonelygirl15: how one mysterious vlogger changed the internet
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- How music taste evolved
- The Best of Donald Trump: Vine Compilation
- The 9 best Phoenix From The Flames sketches from Baddiel & Skinner’s ‘Fantasy Football League’
Things to look at/read:
- Smash Mouth’s Desperate, Endless Twitter Battle
- What the Chicagoland of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off looks like 30 years later
- What the hell is Simpsonwave?
- The Internet is having a royal field day with the queen’s ‘green screen’ outfit
- Celery: Why?
- California – Tennant theft issue
- 18 Puppies Who Really Need Someone To Help Them
- Rescue Cows Fell In Love The Moment They Met
- Tip-toeing dog
Tweets of the week:
- Proving, yet again, to be the peak of my working life – I’m trawling Getty images today. Here are my top ten most useful stock images…
- If you want Britain summed up in a single photo, let this be the one (photo by @gordonrayner)
- I think I might have reached peak niche.
- Apparently an English soccer coach is doing something bad because Twitter is blaming me for it.
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- The brutal romantic behind Catastrophe
- Miss Universe: Meet Jeff Lee, Professional Beautiful-Woman Coach
- The audition
- How did one of the worst paedophiles in history get away with his crimes?
- Melania Trump on Her Rise, Her Family Secrets, and Her True Political Views: “Nobody Will Ever Know”
- The Woman Who Took On Nike with Running Shorts