Part 1: For the (usual) day job
Things to think about:
- BuzzFeed Ramps Up Email To Provide Targeted, Relevant Content
- The App Store changed the way we buy software. Can Apple do it again?
- Parents are worried the Amazon Echo is conditioning their kids to be rude
- Why the Music Industry Needs the Blockchain
- Facebook is wrong, text is deathless
- Life extension technology gives us a bleak future: more white men
- How to Preserve Cultural Memory in the Digital Age
- Is Snapchat stealing filters from makeup artists?
- The DM slide: an investigation
- How every #GameOfThrones episode has been discussed on Twitter
- Links aren’t Getting as Much Engagement as They Used to on Facebook
- The essential Marc Andreessen summer reading list
- TV ‘still dominates’ video consumption
- How we made an App Store subscription success
- The worst slides in Mary Meeker’s trends report
- Executive notes on TV shows that skewed “too male”
- The Neu Jorker
- Who owns Star Trek?
- Inside the BeyHive
- How Yahoo derailed Tumblr
- Uncanny Silicon Valley
- The Forrest Gump of the Internet
- ‘I worried people would forget about me’: can teenagers survive without social media?
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Doom 2 – Seinfeld: Jerry’s Apartment
- Top 10 Favorite Rule Breaking Films
- Time travel in Game of Thrones, explained
- $200 Million Movie Budget: What Everyone Earns
Things to look at/read:
- The Euro 2016 Hairstyle Guide
- Scouting the Thrones: The Complete Index
- How does ‘Hamilton,’ the non stop, hip-hop Broadway sensation tap rap’s master rhymes to blur musical lines?
- Self taught special effects makeup artist from Melbourne
- TV title typos
- Wait, you’re from where? 11 towns and cities with suggestive names.
- In which we get to the bottom of some crazy ass language
- Yeah You Did: Morning Talk Show Host ‘Accidentally’ Builds A Penis Sandcastle On Live Television
- 41 Pictures That Will Give You All The Feels
- Coquina Clams emerge to feed & breed 2707
- Blowing bubbles
Tweets of the week:
- So, England play Iceland, NI play Wales, Ireland play France and Scotland play Everybody Hurts by REM
- A US post punk.
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- The Messi model
- The Unbelievable Tale of Jesus’s Wife
- The Ice Fjord At The End of The World
- These three campaign gurus for Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have had some time to reflect on their loss to The Donald
- Inside the shadowy world of America’s 10 biggest gunmakers
- Inside the underground economy propping up New York City’s food carts
- ‘Could he actually win?’ Dave Eggers at a Donald Trump rally
- The Voice Actors Behind Video Game Characters Are Famous, but Also Nearly Invisible