Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- What’s Really Killing Digital Media: The Tyranny Of The Impression
- Netflix Knows Which Pictures You’ll Click On—And Why
- Forget Too Much TV. It’s Too Big TV We Should Worry About.
- When Did Audiences Stop Taking ‘Middlebrow’ Television Seriously?
- Welcome To the Post-Writing Web
- The Internet Economy
- Inside “Emojigeddon”: The Fight Over The Future Of The Unicode Consortium
- A poem about Silicon Valley, assembled from Quora questions about Silicon Valley
- Bots and humans: the new interactive tools that could help creatives
- What Happens On The Internet In A Minute? Email Still Rules
- How Uber conquered London
- How laxative teas took over Instagram, one $250,000 celebrity endorsement at a time
- Millennials Don’t Exist! Adam Conover at Deep Shift
- The relationship between fandom and mental health
- The shape of things to come
- How Information Graphics Reveal Your Brain’s Blind Spots
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Player Two
- League replay
- Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Eclectic Method Remix)
- A Supercut Of The Worst Celebrity Workout Videos Ever
- MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 Update Interrupts Weather
Things to look at/read:
- Carrie Fisher’s Dog Gary Won The Red Carpet At The White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- The History Behind Those Viral Baboon GIFs
- 32 Adorable Animals Who Have Found Their True Love
Tweets of the week:
- [very ron howard voice] it wasn’t
- SWEGWAY FRONTFLIP OH MY DAYS
- This exchange with costa coffee
- She’s been alive for literally one year, mate.
- Seeing as its election day here now, lets look back at one of the most iconic moments in election day history.
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- Why the Death of Greatest Hits Albums and Reissues Is Worth Mourning
- Meet the First Superstars of the Beyoncé Generation
- Who Will Debunk The Debunkers?
- Nestlé’s Half-Billion-Dollar Noodle Debacle in India