Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- What HBO’s Vinyl Shake-up Tells Us About the Network’s Drama Problem
- Facebook, phones and phonebooks
- Louis C.K.’s online miniseries Horace and Pete might change TV as we know it
- The state of the WWE network after 2 years
- Facebook Wanted A Fight Against Fake News. It Got One.
- “Racist algorithms” and learned helplessness
- The dark side of Guardian comments
- The letter of the law
- There Are Now 2,000 YouTube Channels With At Least One Million Subscribers
- How reporters pulled off the Panama papers
- The Weird Redemption of SF’s Most Reviled Tech Bro
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
Things to look at/read:
- Do we really learn survival skills from ants?
- People Are Loving This Teen’s Over-The-Top Senior Pics
- People Are Freaking Out Over This Guy’s Made Up Story About Getting A Milkshake At 1 A.M.
- 24 Things That Got Really Fucking Out Of Hand, Fast
Tweets of the week:
- 2016: Smartphones are destroying our culture. 1795: Books are destroying our culture.
- my. god.
- When Panini call you in for the photo shoot but you’re still thinking about your dog dying.
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- Prison is horrifying. For transgender people, it’s hell.
- Losing the will to die just before choosing death. The last days of “Miracle Boy.”
- Operation Trump
- Tegan and Sara are from the future
- The sugar conspiracy
- Who Gets To Be The “Good Schizophrenic”?