Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Facebook Isn’t the Social Network Anymore
- Don’t trust your CMS
- Tremors In The Distributed Content World
- How Big Data Creates False Confidence
- Why the Return of HBO’s Best Shows Actually Spells Doom
- American Vogue Publisher Talks Strategy Shifts
- Virtual weapons are turning teen gamers into serious gamblers
- Be the Shakespeare of Facebook: The enormous guide to writing spectacular social media content
- The Essential Guide to ‘Game of Thrones’ Character Betrayals, Alliances, Schemes, and More
- This Simple Trick Helped Netflix Increase Video Viewing by More Than 20 Percent
- What Networks Does BuzzFeed Actually Use?
- 100 photography tips
- The top 100 most expensive keywords in the UK: new research
- I Photoshopped Kanye Kissing Himself And A Famous Artist Reportedly Made $100,000 Off It
- How have decades of mass media and technology changed us?
- HBO’s Silicon Valley Can’t Keep Up With Reality
- Bots won’t replace apps. Better apps will replace apps.
- A serious problem the news industry does not talk about
- 3Pac: To Live and Die on 4chan
- The untold story of Magic Leap, the world’s most secretive start-up
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- How To Destroy The World’s Biggest Club – Manchester United
- IUAA Womens 4 x 400m Relay Final – What a Finish!!
- “A New Awakening” – Star Wars Episode IV and VII Shot Comparison
Things to look at/read:
- 65 Things Hipsters Completely And Totally Ruined
- I grew up Star Wars
- Words that don’t exist in English
- 23 Ridiculous Things The Rock Does That No Normal Person Can
- I Talked to the Kid Whose Mom Used Craigslist to Find Him a Feminism Tutor, and It Got Weird
- 22 Things That Never Needed To Be Made Hipster
- Dog Runs Away When Baby Poops
- Dog bounces to beats
- No Class A Drugs, But Airport Sniffer Dogs Find Sausages
- A Tiny Rescue Hedgehog With Fangs Has Become A Famous Instagram Model
- 29 Dog Pictures That Are Never Not Funny
Tweets of the week:
- Previously on HBO
- I’d resign if I was a politician and someone photographed me holding a pint like Goldsmith here. By @jeremysphotos.
- This musical looks shit
- First password to try if you want to hack a Doctor Who fan.
- I never want to hear folks complain about millennials again.
- *screams internally forever*
- I call this “The 4 ages of man”
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- Hillsborough disaster: deadly mistakes and lies that lasted decades
- How Americans Became So Sensitive to Harm
- Why John Cena can’t lose
- Nearly half of Americans would have trouble finding $400 to pay for an emergency. I’m one of them.
- The fight to end period shaming is going mainstream
- Even sex goddesses get the blues
- How Boots went rogue