Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Netflix Is Now a ‘Global TV Network’ After Launching in 130 New Countries
- Five Streaming Video Predictions for 2016
- Twitter Isn’t Raising the Character Limit. It’s Becoming a Walled Garden.
- In Silicon Valley now, it’s almost always winner takes all
- The end of apps as we know them
- What does the internet actually look like?
- Your Making a Murderer cheat sheet
- Whatever happened to the 15 people the Internet hated most in 2015?
- Who controls your newsfeed?
- How to use data to make a hit TV show – a Tedx video
- A Father, a Dying Son, and the Quest to Make the Most Profound Videogame Ever
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
Things to look at/read:
- A Lesson in Loss From the Greatest Come Dine With Me Contestant Of All Time
- Dialect Coaches Rank the American Accents of TV’s Foreign Actors
- The 100 Most Important Fails Of All Time
- The 100 best photographs ever taken without photoshop
- Now you can spend all year with Vladimir Putin! New calendar features the Russian President in a year’s worth of bizarre hunky poses
- 21 People Making The Most Of This Gift Called Life
- WD-40 and microwaved tampons: secrets of food photography revealed
- 25 People We Should All Aspire To Be In 2016
- Muddy mutts dog apparel
- Great news! That raccoon FINALLY worked out how to eat candyfloss near a puddle
- Kitten vine
- We Built The World’s Greatest Cat Fort
- Raccoon Steals Donut
- 21 Groundbreaking Animal Achievements Of 2015
- The Bear/Dog Creature That Stumped The Internet Has Been Identified
Tweets of the week:
- Van Barneveld wins match, summons forces of eternal life
- harry styles’ latest aesthetic: “busy mom taking some me time” like “sweetie theres dim sum in the fridge c u soon”
- “What’s your name, son?” “Uhhhh…” [looks at cop’s shirt pocket]
- Early contender for greatest interview of the year?
- MASCULINITY: Ugh, candles. MARKETER: [puts camouflage on the candles] MASCULINITY: These products will take me to Man Town!
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- As the movie business founders, Adam Fogelson tries to reinvent the system
- Time, gentlemen: when will the last all-male clubs admit women?
- What Was Gay?
- Christmas in Yiwu
- The true story of Roland the Farter, and how the internet killed professional flatulence
- The new age of celebrity stalkers