Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Streaming TV Isn’t Just a New Way to Watch. It’s a New Genre.
- Get rich or die vlogging: The sad economics of internet fame
- Serial season two: is it just a trailer for the Bowe Bergdahl movie?
- 10 viral sensations on life after internet fame
- Havas Sports & Entertainment 2016 Marketing Trends
- This is what it means to be a teenager in 2015
Part 2: For the lunch-break
- Google trends 2015 (this measures change, rather than absolutes)
- YouTube rewind 2015
- The 22 Most Painfully Awkward Things That Happened In 2015
- Hopeful images from 2015
- 39 Times We Reached Peak “New York Times” In 2015
- Imgur’s best 15 posts of 2015
- The 10 Best Memes of 2015
- 24 Pictures That Prove 2015 Is The Damn Future
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
Things to look at/read:
- Superficial impressions of a genre – death metal similarities
- What the evolution of kit sponsors tells us about the Premier League
- Can the Feds Free Wu-Tang’s Album From ‘Pharma Bro’?
- A list of gifs
- The 14 most horrible smurfs
- MRA Dilbert
Tweets of the week:
- When you’re a vegan and haven’t told anyone in 8 minutes
- My fave gif on the Internet I think
- Leave it to @twitter to demonstrate in its own survey that it has no idea why people use Twitter.
- Jim Naughtie always a tough and talented interviewer despite the occasional mispronunciation
- As If I couldn’t hate Mumford and sons even more, they’re on my flight and we can’t eat peanuts cos one of them has a nut allergy
- This guy will probably murder me, but it seems worth the risk.
- MARTIN LOOK LIKE HE BOUT TO DROP THE HOTTEST MIXTAPE OF 2016
Part 3: For the weekend
Longer pop culture articles:
- An unbelievable story of rape
- Can Zoltan Istvan beat Hillary, Trump, and death itself?
- The CEO Paying Everyone $70,000 Salaries Has Something to Hide
- Mork and Mindy Was One of the Most Unlikely Miracles in the History of Television
- Bill Murray Is Ready to Laugh Again
- Why A Double Funeral On Your Birthday Is The Best Party You’ll Ever Have
- The Machiavelli of Maryland